Wednesday, July 31, 2013

NoTD: CoverGirl's Pina Colada

Hi beauties! Can you believe tomorrow is August 1st?? Where did summer go?! Today, in celebration of the dog days of summer, I bring you a very bright nail of the day post. This is Covergirl's Pina Colada. It's part of the nailtini line. It's a very tiny, cute bottle. I wish nail polish would just be sold in this size bottle, perhaps then I'd actually use up a bottle.
 
 
I picked this up at Target a few months ago but haven't gotten around to doing a post on it. I thought it would be a lot more pastel, as the bottle made it seem, but its actually a very bright neon yellow. I'm not a hundred percent sold on the color, I just don't think it looks good on me. On someone with a better tan, I think it would look great. As for formulation, it leaves much to be desired. It was very streaky, even with 3 coats which I used. It also chipped within a few hours. And I used a top coat!! If I had to say one positive thing about this polish, is that it was extremely shiny even before I put on the top coat.
I did get a lot of compliments while wearing this polish, so I guess people like it on my nails more than I do. I've only tried 2 other of Covergirl's nail line but I'm overall not impressed. What do you think of the Covergirl polishes? Until next time, stay gorgeous!
 
Daily tidbits:
1. I just found out my housing assignment at college and found out I'm in an off campus townhouse(which is still considered college housing) and its completely unfurnished. Expect lots of organizational and décor posts coming your way!
2. We are getting crazy busy at work because back to school season is in full swing.
3. Along that note, tax free weekend in Iowa is this weekend. Guess who's going shopping?? This girl right here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment